Are you like me and have an overachiever attitude about doing things? I am so ready in the New Year to get started and then come up with so many ideas. In the past I would have so many goals that I would suffer from burnout very quickly and really end up with things done half way by the end of the year. I call this a “goal setting hangover”. This year I am going to see more of my own personal goals through, like I do for my clients in getting their homes completed! By setting realistic attainable goals.
Here are my tips on Goal Setting
- What I have learned is purge first, write out all that you want to do.
- Then, go through the list and prioritize what is most important.
- Set very realistic dates – this is hard to do but you have to be really honest when you do this.
- Next take the first goal or thing you want to do and write the steps.
- If you don’t make the deadline for the goal don’t just jump to the next one, stick with that original goal and see it through. Delays happen – Life happens that cause setbacks, and we tend to not set realistic time so don’t let that discourage you.
- Finally celebrate when you have achieved that goal and enjoy before working on the next one!
This is how I will thrive (my word of the year) and not just survive my year.
Happy Everything! Karen